Shiva as Satan-Lucifer-Azazel?

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Seeker666

Shiva as Satan-Lucifer-Azazel?

Post by Seeker666 »

are there any links to Shiva as connected to The Master?
frater Nefastos especially.
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Nefastos

Re: Shiva as Satan-Lucifer-Azazel?

Post by Nefastos »

Yes. As a matter of fact, personally I see Shiva as the most cohesive representation of (esoteric) Satan ever presented in a religion.

In Finnish we have available an article about the subject, published in Hylätty Kivi #7/2012, concluding my series of articles about the seven aspects of Satan. In the article, Shiva is connected Satan to in his "Sun" aspect, being "the one in all & the all in one" - the seventh point in the midst of the hexagram depicting the (work of) cosmocrators. But it is too important an article (for me, at least) to try to fit the ideas here, for they would necessarily be badly mutilated in the process: there's just too much to be said about the subject. I hope it will be translated at some date not awfully distant.

I'd certainly encourage to read Hindu sutras, tantras & overall theology with this possible or claimed relation in mind. It might help us Occidental readers to get much more many-sided view of the said god. Especially fruitful subject of study for me has been Kashmir Shaivisim, which seems to come surprisingly close to the philosophy of the Star of Azazel in many respects.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"