Hate

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Fomalhaut

Hate

Post by Fomalhaut »

We have a topic about Love in here. But what about the opposite of it? Can we really name Hate as opposite of Love? It exists in every aspect of life& everyone feels Hate towards something or someone in his/her life once in a while. What do you think about it? Can it be used as a non-violent tool in one's work?
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Nefastos

Re: Hate

Post by Nefastos »

Fomalhaut wrote:What do you think about it?

True hatred is like a fuel of the being of the antigod (Asura, Titan, Demon), for it tells us there is something wrong in the cosmos, and it demands our utmost energetic answer to deal with that wrongness, however we perceive it at the moment. Especially when hate bursts its egotistical shell & explodes into wrath, there is like a pure elemental chaos in the feeling of hatred. It's like a beauty of the fireworks, but fireworks too should be aimed high to the heavens, not amidst the bystanders on the ground level.

Fomalhaut wrote:Can it be used as a non-violent tool in one's work?

I definitely think so, although while it's being processed, the hatred starts to reform into something else via different stages of being. Because:

Fomalhaut wrote:Can we really name Hate as opposite of Love?

That is a good question... For if there wouldn't be Love somewhere, as a sense of unity, there wouldn't be hatred either, as a "sense of unity broken" so to speak. Because of that, I'd go as far as to say that hatred is a form of love.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Teratokrios

Post by Teratokrios »

Nefastos wrote:
True hatred is like a fuel of the being of the antigod (Asura, Titan, Demon), for it tells us there is something wrong in the cosmos, and it demands our utmost energetic answer to deal with that wrongness, however we perceive it at the moment. Especially when hate bursts its egotistical shell & explodes into wrath, there is like a pure elemental chaos in the feeling of hatred. It's like a beauty of the fireworks, but fireworks too should be aimed high to the heavens, not amidst the bystanders on the ground level.
This propably explains my deep reverence for antigod archetypes (seems like another hidden meaning connected to my brotherhood name).

From Personal point of view. Hatred in it's multiple forms has had a powerfull presence in my life. I can remember feelings of very deep, unexplainable primordial hatred in my early childhood and adolescence. The root of these feelings were really hard to pinpoint, because I didn't feel that I had an unhappy childhood or that I wasn't loved as a child, quite the contrary. In my adulthood it has became more clear that the problem was partly patience (nowdays I've conciously grown a pretty strong patience), or actually the lack of it, but the biggest reason was frustration about the injustice and flaws in the universe, or more the condesending responses I got (especially the religious ones e.g. "God works in mysterious ways").

Sometimes in my youth this frustration and animosity towards this universe bursted out as "uncontrollable" acts of violence, most of my teenage years are a big haze still in my memories because of this immense energy just gathering up and nowhere to concentrate it on. My biggest "salvations" was Satanism (A justification that it was understandable to feel hatred), Occultism (ways to purify that hatred), Crafting and art (a channel were to pour that refined hatred) and love in the most devoted and worshipping way (way to adjust the purified hatred, or to turn it into love).

Today I still sometimes feel very strong feelings of Hatred, Anger and animosity to many things in life, The ways of purifying and turning them into something constructive has been a great help in many challenging situations, for example in physical labour sometimes feeling of anger is just what gives you that final oomph to do something that would have been exhausting or impossible without the changes anger does in your body(e.g. adrenaline).

I read this topic when I was working and I'ts a pastime of mine to find analogies in mundane things. I hope you can bear my crude parable :P :

Hatred acts out like a blowtorch.
When you first light the torch it burns with an acetylene flame (A gass which is symbolicly tied with chtonic currents), altough it's clearly visible and pretty to look at, you cannot work with this kind of flame. It only soots and blackens everything without making anything constructive progress, but when you add Oxygen(purifying gas of the heavens. Vital for terrestrial life) to the mix. The flame burns too bright to look at with bare eyes, but it's pure and hot enough to weld, cut or bend things within your will.

Also you got to be attentive with a blowtorch or you will get your fingers burned, but if you're really negligent it can explode and bring great harm to your surroundings!

Well this came as a bit personal but a weird rant, but I hope you can keep up with erratic babble.

Lastly a little comical relief how to vent rage constructively (the finnish way) :) :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xuv9RVss_Y
"Et Ducam tertiam partem per Ignem et uram eas sicut uritur Argentum et probabo eos sicut probatur Aurum."
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Fomalhaut wrote: Can we really name Hate as opposite of Love?
I think there's no such possibility as the "opposite of Love".
I'd say Loving is "seeing clearly" & Hating is "cleansing the vision".
Fomalhaut wrote: It exists in every aspect of life& everyone feels Hate towards something or someone in his/her life once in a while. What do you think about it? Can it be used as a non-violent tool in one's work?
I believe that a sort of motherly protection is at least a very essential part of all hating: it's always trying to solve the incapability of union (love) & "forming a shell" (Qlipha) to protect something that's not ready to survive alone yet. Like a womb, one might say.

It probably has to be used, and even if not, there is so much happiness in pure hatred that it'd be waste not to. The most essential thing in my opinion is to work more for something and less against something. Giving birth.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Insanus wrote:I'd say Loving is "seeing clearly" & Hating is "cleansing the vision".
What a perfect way to put it! This is exactly how i see it.
Teratokrios wrote:Hatred acts out like a blowtorch.
When you first light the torch it burns with an acetylene flame (A gass which is symbolicly tied with chtonic currents), altough it's clearly visible and pretty to look at, you cannot work with this kind of flame. It only soots and blackens everything without making anything constructive progress, but when you add Oxygen(purifying gas of the heavens. Vital for terrestrial life) to the mix. The flame burns too bright to look at with bare eyes, but it's pure and hot enough to weld, cut or bend things within your will.
A brilliant metaphor!

You guys left nothing much for me to add.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Tulihenki

Post by Tulihenki »

When I was in a primary school I used to write very violent stories, which I remember started when my parents got divorced. Full of angry and shame I drifted into violent imaginery tales, while in a real life I wasn't violent at all.

In the middle school I faced bullies every single day. At that time I didn't write anymore stories, because there wasn't anymore the feelings which started will or need to write. Still my school's atmosphere would have been perfect ground to hate arouse - yet I didn't hate my bullies. The lack of hatred was filled with burst of compassion towards my tormentors. I believe that without my violent stories I would have done very different acts and perhaps eventually took a certainly different way of spiritual approach; violent with fists and magic.

I have meditated these times deeply and I believe that in the primary school some areas of my consciousness made me write and purified my anger in that symbolic way, so that I was ready to face these hard times without falling acts of violent circles.

Much later I confronted my shadow and felt the most intensive terror how things would be very different without my compassion to others, and without purification perhaps my shadow side would have taken control making at least a huge personal catastrophy.

I understand SoA's philosophy of hatred and I have never seen another philosophy relating hate that is really uplifting as hatred goes through purification of it's raw and violent material. While I don't myself hate or keep hatred particularly important in my road I have found this philosophy extremely important understanding these things I have tried to express here.

I got more to say, but I'll continue later.
Tulihenki

Post by Tulihenki »

Tulihenki wrote:I believe that without my violent stories I would have done very different acts and perhaps eventually took a certainly different way of spiritual approach; violent with fists and magic.
Relating to this conclusion I'm thinking how often nowdays spiritual seekers falls to downward paths, when they aren't able to purify hatred and are drifted towards shadow's black impulse. As I have meditated these things I can certainly understand how luring is to fall, even conscience is saying no. Dark side can be tempting and I believe that SoA's philosophy is very essential in these days.

I'm feeling that Kali Yuga is really an era of manifesting collective shadow, where communities and individuals experiences the most terrifying forms that (human) consciousness can take. Goddess Kali is showing Her wrathful face, but will it be a necessary act of creation through destruction or devouring madness where mankind drowns and protractes it's collective spiritual progress? Former speaks about the purification of raw energies of hatred or perhaps re-shaping them and latter is more descending situation. Anyway, this Yuga is definitely relating to facing the problems of hate.

What do you think about?
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I agree with you. Religious people often tend to think that at the times of the apocalypses (that is, when the cultural epochs change by the intervals of every 21 centuries or so - & of course at any time subjectively) one must hold onto his religious dogma like it's a life-buoy, while actually holding on to that dualistic thinking is the best way to keep one in inner turmoil indefinitely, in this world & the next.

I feel that there can be no peace of mind as long as there is factual dualism, and Kâli (Shiva) is the one who dissolves that dualism by any psychological means. Our Kâli Yuga is the epoch of great spiritual distress, but also of the great spiritual unity. Traditions no longer hold, so the esoteric core shines all the brighter. It's like when the storm rages & the night is black, and then the great lightning suddenly illuminates everything - isn't that the most beautiful thing... truly divine?

Hatred, if not aimed to hurt any separate creature that necessarily & by definition has its flaws, frees the energy that otherwise seeps in, forming the difficult locks of permanent psychological traumas. One must have freedom to feel absolute hatred, the hatred that's directed to the problems of existence itself.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"