Aspects in the Star of Azazel

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Angolmois

Re: Aspects in the Star of Azazel

Post by Angolmois »

Now, I know I should have written in my post that "I think SoA sees the issue a little differently" like I first thought!
Aquila

Re: Aspects in the Star of Azazel

Post by Aquila »

In my opinion the difference between esoteric and exoteric lies more in the way of seeing than doing. Of course there's many other ways to define things. Intimate (esoteric) and "public" (exoteric) is one of them. In the end, how we define the formal and the formless feels more pragmatic and relative based on the context than something essential in itself.

Maybe we could also say that the exoteric aspects/lodges (of SoA) have concentrated on creating something (art, ritual practices, writings, etc.) while the esoteric work is less visible, although any formal methods can be used as well. Lodges also have varying ways of using the symbolism related to these aspects. To make things even more complex, all the lodges could have their exoteric and esoteric ways of working, too.

In general, when I speak of esotericists I mean people who think "esoterically", those who have some kind of inner sense of meaningfulness, loving responsibility and whose will is to act accordingly to such inner experience of life.